Tuesday, September 27, 2016

My View of God

After reading Genesis 6-9 I learned a lot of things about God. I learned that God is not always so forgiving. He was upset at the people of the earth for being wicked and instead of trying to teach them to do that right thing he decides to kill all of them with a huge flood. This changed my view of God a lot because I always thought of him as a very forgiving character and always being merciful towards his people but after reading Genesis 6-9 I realized he is not always like that. But after God sent the flood to kill everyone he felt very guilty and he made a covenant with Noah and said he would never kill all of man-kind again. Also since God created every man in his image and he is saying that all men were wicked does that mean that he was wicked as well? I always pictured God as being nice and kind but since all men are copies of him maybe he also has a wicked side to him. Finally at the end of the story God was very generous towards Noah and gave him everything on the earth. God told Noah that all lives on the earth could be his food and all the plants on the earth were his as well. This agrees with my past assumptions about God. I always thought he would be generous towards his people and this story proves that he was.